Language Lab Academy will always consider the health and safety of our children and of our staff, which are our first priority. We are committed to providing a high quality and safe environment for our children during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are continuously monitoring the latest developments in and around our community. As more information becomes available, we are adapting and making changes to our safety measures and protocols. We are also following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Child Care Licensing Department (CCLD), County Health Department and other government organizations.
Drop Off and Pick Up Policies and Procedures
● Parents are required to wear a face mask during drop-off and pick-up.
● Staff will check in the child(ren) at the front door one child at a time to allow for physical distancing.
● Staff will make a visual inspection of the child for signs of illness which could include flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, or extreme fussiness.
● Staff will use a touchless thermometer to take the temperature of the child(ren). Forehead temperature of the child(ren) must be less than 100°F/38°C to be admitted into the Academy.
● Hand sanitizers will be out of the reach of children, but near all entry doors, classrooms, and other high traffic areas.
Wellness Check for Staff and Children
Language Lab Academy has implemented screening procedures for our staff and children. This includes asking all individuals about any symptoms (primarily fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other signs of illness within the last 72 hours) – that they, or someone in their homes, might have. All individuals will be asked if they have had any exposure to another individual with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases.
● Parents must notify the Academy if a child has taken any fever reducing medications in the last 72 hours and must not bring the child to school.
● The Academy will take children and staff’s temperature each morning and afternoon by using a non-touch thermometer. If a child or staff has a temperature of 100°F/38°C or higher or exhibits signs of illness, we will follow the facility procedures for isolation from the general room population and notify the parents immediately to pick up the child and the staff member will be sent home immediately.
All Children and Staff will engage in hand hygiene at the following times:
● Arrival at the facility and after breaks.
● Before and after preparing food or drinks.
● Before and after eating or handling food or feeding children.
● Before and after administering medication or medical ointment.
● Before and after diapering.
● After using the toilet or helping a child use the bathroom.
● After coming in contact with bodily fluid.
● After playing outdoors.
● After handling garbage.
Routine Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting
● Windows and doors (where possible) will be kept open to allow for increased air
● On top of our regular daily cleaning, the school will routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects throughout the day (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, countertops, shared toys).
The COVID-19 pandemic is a challenging and fluid situation. Federal, state, and local orders and guidance may change frequently, therefore our policies and procedures are subject to change accordingly. Although, the School has placed all commercially reasonable preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the School cannot guarantee that your child(ren) will not become exposed to or even infected with COVID-19 in the course of their use of the School’s educational services and facilities.